One of every three Catholics in the United States is now Latino. Holy Name Province sees the growing presence of Hispanics in the Church in the United States as a blessing. Through its Hispanic Ministry Committee, it seeks to promote outreach to, solidarity with, and advocacy for the Latino community by raising awareness of its cultural and ministerial needs.
In addition to Province-wide events – such as the Encuentro Franciscano – and a blog maintained by the Hispanic Ministry Committee, HNP ministries provide a variety of programs and services for Latino people. They range from youth groups to social justice committees. Check the websites of individual parishes, listed below, for specific information.
- Immaculate Conception Church, Durham, N.C.
- St. Anthony of Padua Church, Camden, N.J.
- St. Bonaventure Church, Paterson, N.J.
- St. Camillus Church, Silver Spring, Md.
- St. Francis of Assisi Church, Long Beach Island, N.J.
- St. Francis of Assisi Church, Raleigh, N.C.
- St. Mary’s Church, Pompton Lakes, N.J.
- St. Paul Church, Wilmington, Del.
- St. Anthony Shrine, Boston, MA
- St. Anthony Church, Butler, NJ
- Holy Name of Jesus Church, New York, NY
- St. Francis of Assisi Church, Triangle, VA